Search Macaron Honey

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chocolate Sculpture

I've luckily survived the chocolate section of the superior pastry course (well, they don't tell you if you failed til after the end of the course so keep your fingers crossed for me). We were given only 3 practical classes to work with chocolate before our final exam which seems a little crazy but you learn a lot fast when you have to. Below are photos of my first sculpture and then my final exam. It's not easy, so no judging!

My First chocolate piece.

The chef said he did not like the use of color and that it was too modern and a bit bizarre. I really liked it.

My Final exam

While the chef was not supposed to really comment on our pieces since it was an exam, I asked him what he thought and he said, "It's just a little bizarre today".

No comments: