Search Macaron Honey

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My 2nd birthday!

Yay! Finally fireworks in Paris! I missed them on my real birthday on the 4th but got to see an incredible display on the 14th. While I missed the military parade and Nick and Carla on Champs-Elysées because we got home so late the night before, a fabulous picnic with music and the backdrop of le Tour Eiffel was very sweet.

Our picnic.


Here we have fruit, chips, chorizo, baguettes, marinated cucumbers, wine and a Betty Crocker birthday cake in the shape of a sun that my roommate made me. Delish! We are getting more and more organized in our picnicking but haven't purchased a blanket yet, but the paper bag was a nice touch.

The Champs du Mars was so crowded that we were lucky to get a spot on the grass. We did not have a view of the concert where apparently James Blunt played but that was fine with us because you had to stand up on the main lawn where the concert was and that was too much for us.

Our view.


Picnics!


Being in Paris under le Tour Eiffel on Bastille Day made me so happy, amazed, grateful and proud of myself for making my dream to live in Paris come true. You too, can quit your job and move across the globe. "It's so easy, even a girl can do it" (one of my favorite quotes I have heard so far from one of the chefs here regarding turning mushrooms. It is a very interesting quote because I don't think the guys can do it either).

No comments: