Search Macaron Honey

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Churros at the Tuilleries

On Saturday night after a windy picnic on the Pont des Artes (the bridge to be at), we walked over to the fair at the Tuilleries.

The ferris wheel


This is the mysterious ferris wheel that I have seen in so many photos but was never assembled on my previous trips to Paris. I assumed it did not really exist. However, I saw it with my own eyes so yes, it exists. I also saw the haunted house ride that Amelie goes on in the movie. A bit too scary for me.

Churros with Nutella


Like most fair food, the churros looked so good but were in the end disappointing. Even though we saw them being fried, they were a bit stale. After 4 pieces with nutella you feel sick. Would I buy them again? Bien sûr! You are at a fair, what do you expect, dacquoise and petits fours? Although I'm sure in la or in Napa there is a fair that serves this type of fare. Oh wait, I mean San Francisco and it will be called Slow Food Nation and held at the end of the summer. Jealousy.

No comments: