Search Macaron Honey

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

May 30, 2008



12 years to the month.

There were four piles: store, take, donate and trash. The take pile grew too big for my two suitcases and one small box. My dear friend Sam called it tough love--"you are either going to take it there and leave it there or it can be here in a year and a half when you get back." She was referring to my shoes. I got the situation down to 45 pairs after tossing or donating too many to count. I assessed and reassessed. In the end, I brought 3 pairs. 3 pairs of shoes and 2 suitcases of clothes.

Beyond the immaterial material, there is my boyfriend, family and friends that I will miss the most. I thank everyone for the support and meaningful well wishes. It means everything to know that I am so cared for.

Ah, Paris. I am here now and I know I will make it all worth it.

In the photo above, though the sky is gray the Champs de Mars was filled with people hanging out with friends, picnicking and just having fun. Beautiful to see.

No comments: